Letter to the Editor
We want to hear from you!
We appreciate your comments! Please use this form to submit a letter to the editor. You must include your email, phone number, and A-number with your letter (Used only for verification and is not published).
Guidelines for submitting a letter to the editor of The Utah Statesman:
•Phone number and A-number not published, only used for verification. Valid E-Mail address MUST be included for this form to be sent.
* Letters should be limited to 400 words. The shorter the better.
• All letters may be shortened, edited or rejected for reasons of good taste, redundancy or volume of similar letters. Most letters coming from authors that do not have an affiliation to USU or which are not in response to USU issues in some way will not be printed.
• Letters must be topic-oriented. They may not be directed toward individuals. Any letter directed to a specific individual or previous letter writer in a demeaning manner may be edited or not printed. Stick to issues at hand, not personalties or people.
• No anonymous letters will be published. Writers must sign all letters and include a phone number or e-mail address as well as a student identification number (none of which is published). Letters will not be printed without this verification.
• Letters representing groups — or more than one individual — must have a singular representative clearly stated, with all necessary identification information. Long lists of names (such as a petition) will not be printed.
• Writers must wait 21 days before submitting successive letters — no exceptions.
• Letters written during election periods may have a specific cutoff date, to allow for all to respond. Watch The Statesman Opinion pages for such deadlines.
• Letters are printed in both The Utah Statesman newspaper and Statesman Online.
• Letters can also be e-mailed directly to: email@example.com, Subject line: Letter to the editor.