USU/SA makes changes to hiring board
Recent developments with the USU Spirit Squad prompted an amendment proposed at the USU/SA Executive Council meeting Tuesday night.
Student Advocate VP Daryn Frischknecht and Public Relations and Marketing Director Casey Saxton sponsored an amendment to a previous bill. The document deals with a hiring board put together when a new adviser is chosen for the Student Involvement and Leadership office.
A board was put together this summer to hire two new student advisers, and the original bill required five students to be on that board — all of them being part of Executive Council.
Frischknecht was approached by President Doug Fiefia to make this amendment based on his experience this summer.
“Doug asked me,” Frischknecht said. “He said we needed to change this... This summer, there weren’t enough officers in Logan.”
The council also saw it beneficial to have members of the specific organization being dealt with to be involved.
“So if we needed to hire someone over Greeks, it would be beneficial to have Greeks on that hiring board,” Frischknecht said.
The amendment changed the requirement to let non-Executive Council members on the hiring board.
The bill passed quickly with little discussion. Nobody voted against the change.
“We’re just changing it a little bit to evolve with the times,” Frischknecht said.12
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More USU Statesman News Articles
Recent USU Statesman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USU STATESMAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USU STATESMAN NEWS
RECENT USU STATESMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- ¿Pensando en la jubilación y el Seguro...
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...