Football: Playing Sunday
The Utah State football team’s opening game has been delayed one day from Saturday Aug. 30 to Sunday Aug. 31. It will be the “first known” football game played for the Aggies on a Sunday, according to USU Athletics media relations.
The game will be the first time the Aggies play in the iconic Neyland Stadium in Tennessee and the first ever meeting between USU and the University of Tennessee.
The game will one of the first games ever televised on the new SEC Network, which is set to launch on Aug. 15.
The Aggies will also move forward their game with Arkansas State from Sept. 27 to Sept. 20. The change will move USU’s only bye for the season back one week.
“Opening at Tennessee on the SEC Network on Sunday night will be a neat experience for our players and great exposure for our program,” said USU head coach Matt Wells. “Moving the Arkansas State game up one weekend gives us a chance to better manage our schedule as we will have two home games and two road games before our bye, and now nine regular season games after the bye instead of 10.”
The games make up two of the five pre-conference games for the Aggies. The pre-conference schedule includes home games against Idaho State and Wake Forest on Sept. 6 and 13, respectively. The pre-conference schedule will be rounded out by a game against rival Brigham Young in Provo on Oct. 3.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More USU Statesman News Articles
Recent USU Statesman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USU STATESMAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USU STATESMAN NEWS
RECENT USU STATESMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?