Marcel Davis to leave basketball team
Marcel Davis’ father, Rodney Davis, announced last week that his son will leave the Utah State men’s basketball team after this semester. He initially made the announcement on USUfans.com and later confirmed it to the Salt Lake Tribune.
“Marcel just felt because he will be graduating a year early he wanted to start medical school as soon as possible and unfortunately USU wasn't an option,” Rodney Davis wrote on the website. “We would like to thank their coaching staff for the opportunity that they gave Marcel.”
Marcel Davis is the fourth player to leave since the end of the season. He joins Kyle Davis, Jordan Stone and Danny Berger in addition to the five seniors — Sean Harris, Tenale Roland, Jarred Shaw, Spencer Butterfield and Preston Medlin — who are graduating.
Davis averaged 15 minutes per game and 2.2 points per game and 2.6 assists. Jalen Moore is the only remaining Aggie who averaged more than 10 minutes per game last season.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More USU Statesman News Articles
Recent USU Statesman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USU STATESMAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USU STATESMAN NEWS
RECENT USU STATESMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest