State your case:
When it comes to winning, the Bruins of Boston have made it their science. This year for the Bruins has been plagued with the most consistent play, strong line after strong line, 12-game win streaks, and a bald-headed coaching master sensei that is Claude Julien.
The Bruins have been in the last two of three Stanley Cup Finals, and they are hungry. Really hungry. Last season, the Bruins fell to the Chicago Blackhawks 4-2 in the final series. In a short, painful 17 seconds, Chicago scored two goals in the last minute of the last period, in front of 17,565 full TD Garden seats, to steal the Cup from Boston fans. Is there anything else that could make a team more hungry? They’re starving.
One accolade the Bruins have already received this season is the President’s Trophy, given to the team with the best regular-season record, ensuring home court advantage to the team as long as they survive the playoffs. What do the Bruins think of the award? A big old city-wide notion of “We don’t care. We want the Cup.” Being the most dominant in the regular season is great, and earning the best playoff route and not finishing on a loss is better; a predictable outcome for the NHL’s best team.
What problems could this New England hockey club have? Winning Lord Stanley’s Cup most definitely won’t be one of them.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More USU Statesman News Articles
Recent USU Statesman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USU STATESMAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USU STATESMAN NEWS
RECENT USU STATESMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?