State Your Case: USU
Despite the fact the Aggies are inexperienced and Brigham Young University always recruits talented athletes, I can resolutely and emphatically state USU will defeat BYU Friday.
There are several reasons USU will defeat BYU, but due to space limitations, I will only name a select few.
BYU will be playing without Jimmer Fredette and Jackson Emery, and those two are a big reason BYU had a such a successful season last year. Fredette averaged nearly 30 points a game, and Emery averaged nearly 13 points a game.
Emery was also BYU's best defender. He finished the year with an eye-boggling 101 steals - nearly three steals per game.
Brandon Davies is a proven talent, but he doesn't stand a chance against the wrath of the USU student body inside the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
BYU obviously can't play defense either. The Cougars allowed Dixie State College of Utah to drop 85 points in the Marriott Center. BYU had to rely on offense rather on defense to win, and that will be a great disadvantage on Friday.
USU will beat BYU 75-63.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More USU Statesman News Articles
Recent USU Statesman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USU STATESMAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USU STATESMAN NEWS
RECENT USU STATESMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest