Women's soccer breaks winless streak
Kicking off a two-game homestand, the Utah State women’s soccer team snapped a six-game winless streak with a 3-0 win over the University of Texas-San Antonio on Friday at Chuck and Bell Gloria Field.
Mari Miyashiro, Jennifer Flynn and Natalie Norris each scored for the Aggies, after going 0-1-5 in their previous six.
Miyashiro found the back of the net in the 33rd minute on an assist from Kylie Dibb and Brooke Larsen to put USU up 1-0 at the break.
The lead doubled when Lauren Roundy found Flynn cutting into the box with a touch pass and Flynn easily beat the UTSA goalkeeper in the 77th minute.
Norris added a penalty kick with one second left after a whistle in the box.
The Aggies improved to 6-2-6 overall and 1-0-2 in WAC play with the win, while the Roadrunners fell to 1-8-2 overall and 0-1-2 in the WAC.
Utah State concludes its homestand with a visit from Texas State on Sunday, Oct. 7 at 1 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More USU Statesman News Articles
Recent USU Statesman News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR USU STATESMAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST USU STATESMAN NEWS
RECENT USU STATESMAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit