Police Blotter: March 11-14
Published: Thursday, March 21, 2013
Updated: Thursday, March 21, 2013 01:03
Monday, March 11
• USU Police responded to a utility problem at the Vet Science Building. Police found a pump alarm going off. Facilites was called to the scene and determined the problem was caused by a stuck float. A report was filed with USU Police.
• USU Police is investigating a report of an individual writing bad checks on campus.
• USU Fire Marshals met with Logan Fire to familiarize the fire department personnel with the functions of the central energy plant in an effort to let them see how it may affect their fire operations.
• USU Police was informed by a Risk Management staff member that there were several individuals skateboarding in the Aggie Terrace. The individuals were contacted and warned.
Tuesday, March 12
• USU Police responded to a fire alarm at the 650 USTAR building at innovation campus. Police determined everything to be OK and that the alarm was set off due to humidity because a fan was down.
• USU Police responded to an alarm in the computer lab in the business building. The alarm was activated by a member of the custodial staff.
Wednesday, March 13
• USU Police responded to the LLC Building A on a noise complaint. One individual was under the age of 21 and issued a misdemeanor citation for Minor in Possession of Alcohol. The renter of the apartment was warned for the noise.
• USU Police responded to a request from Logan City Police to assist on a domestic violence incident in the city.
• USU Police responded to a suspicious incident at the Taggart Student Center. A complaintant reported a male individual on the roof, but no one was located.
Thursday, March 14
• USU Police responded to a report of a possible theft of a package delivered to the wrong address. Police are investigating.
• USU Police responded to a skateboarding problem at the Aggie Terrace. Officers searched the area and were unable to locate anyone skateboarding.
• USU Police responded to an emergency phone alarm outside the LLC Building C. Police discovered no one in the area needing assistance.
• USU Police responded to an emergency phone alarm near Wasatch Hall. Police discovered no one in the area needing assistance.
—Compiled by Tavin Stucki